Your Wedding venue & Vendor consultant
how I became The Wedding Owl – your wedding venue and vendor business coach
From the trenches, to down the aisle!
I have always loved events from my early days working at The Imperial War Museum. When the latest exhibition opened, or when the latest building was opening, (The American Air Museum and The Imperial War Museum of the North), if we weren’t already on the project management team, we were all ‘roped in’ to ensure the events were a huge success.
Whilst managing retail and admissions, on these big occasions, I secretly loved the opportunity to work alongside the press, publicity, marketing and exhibitions teams; meeting and greeting our distinguished guests; ensuring the press got everything they needed, and the launch parties were a huge success.
It was, therefore, no surprise to find myself jumping from my successful front of house roles, across to weddings and events as soon as the opportunity presented itself. Now as a wedding industry expert, I’ve never looked back!
I have had a successful career in the commercial arms of museums, major art and craft galleries and before the Imperial War Museum, I studied business studies. Find out more about my business credentials on Linkedin.
I have been part of some amazing project management teams that have included:
- the building of The American Air Museum, RAF Duxford, and The Imperial War Museum of the North
- the opening of the East Wing at
- The National Gallery opening holiday cottages, securing funding, commemorating major events including the centenary flight of Louis Bleriot and launching a legacy garden at Carisbrooke Castle, on the Isle of Wight, on behalf of English Heritage
- launched a luxury four-star hotel at Port Lympne
- written and successfully launched a wedding and events strategy at a leading art gallery
- and now set up my own wedding consultant business.
As a bit of a geek, I love wedding stats, as they help to support and guide decision making. I love knowing everything about weddings from around the globe, I have always been passionate about delivering exceptional customer service, enjoy troubleshooting and change management. In addition, I am IOSH and Health and Safety trained, have a Liquor Licence and I have Food Safety Management qualifications.
I love sharing my knowledge, experience, skills and ideas to stimulate you and your team.
I am a natural networker and have had the opportunity to work with some incredible wedding professionals.
My ideal client is also passionate about what they do and who dedicates their time to making someone else’s wedding day a 5-star experience.
If this sounds like you then please don’t hesitate to contact me, I can’t wait to hear what you have planned!